Master's degree in Secondary Education Teacher Training and Language Teaching


What specialty can I study?

The Department of Education determines the relationship between the specialties of the master’s degree, the teaching specialties and the qualifications required to be able to teach a particular subject.
See your specialty. Follow the instructions below to search.


1. Enter your title in the search engine. Once you have found it, select it with the arrow to include it in the box on the right.

 2.  Once your degree is included, click on "consultation" and at the bottom will appear the specialties that you can take with your degree (in the example, Training and Job Orientation among others).

3. Also, if you click on "Ensenyaments que teniu possibilitat d'imparti amb altres titulacions. Visualitzar combinacions", you will find more specialties that you can study complementing the title with other requirements that you will find by clicking on the magnifying glass on the right.

If you have any questions you can contact the Department of Education at 934996900

Where can I study my specialty

  • The specialties of the Secondary Master are distributed among the different Catalan universities.
  • The Office d'Accés à la Universitat is responsible for the pre-registration process for the secondary master’s degree for all Catalan universities that offer one of the specialties.
  • Once the process is completed, the Office sends to the Catalan universities the list of students admitted in each specialty of the master.
  • You can consult the university that teaches the specialty that you have to take according to your degree in this link: distribution of the specialties of the master.


Career opportunities

The profession for which graduates are trained after obtaining the degree is that of Teacher/a of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching. (ORDER ECI/3858/2007 as amended by ORDER EDU/3498/2011).

This master’s degree accredits the pedagogical and didactic training that enables the exercise of the teaching profession in public, concerted and private schools of compulsory secondary education, baccalaureate, vocational training and language teaching. In the case of public educational establishments, it is possible to work as civil teaching staff (if competitions are approved), as interim staff or as substitute staff.

The job exchange of the interim and substitute teaching staff of the Department of Education is available at the link